BCHBC 2013 Trail Projects Funded
At the Back Country Horsemen of BC's (BCHBC) October 2011 Fall Board of Directors Meeting it was decided to set up a Grant for trails and access projects across BC that registered Chapters could apply to. Available funds are be allocated to projects at the Selection Committees discretion.
If your chapter has a project in mind, click here to review the application guidelines and download the form.
Projects that received funding in 2013:
(Note: *RST = Recreation Sites and Trails ,part of the Ministry of Forest Lands and Natural Resource Operations.
1. Aldergrove Chapter – South Langley Regional Trail - funded $2,000. First phase construction of a section of trail that will join two Regional parks. Total cost of the project approx $450,000. Funding Partners: Township of Langley, BCHBC and Horse Council BC No formal signed agreements but working in cooperation with the Township of Langley.
2. South Vancouver Island Chapter – mounting blocks Kinsol Trestle - funded $1,200. This is a section on the Trans Canada Trail. Total cost of the project approx $1,400.00. Funding Partners: BBCHBC. No signed agreements to date. Working with the Cowichan Valley Regional District
3. North Vancouver Island - Salmon Brewster Campsite and Memkay Trail - $1,500. Materials for signage and corrals. Total cost of this part of the project approx $10,500. Partners: Horse Council BC, RST, BCHBC Provinicial and North Van Island Chapter, Strathcona Regional District. Section 56 Agreement signed with RST, Section 57is expected to be signed in November.
4. North Thompson Chapter – Fish Trap Campsite - $1,300. Construction of 6 more campsites with corrals. Total cost of project approx $20,000. Funding Partners: Horse Council BC, BCHBC, Western Diversification and North Thompson Chapter. There is a Section 57 with RST.
5. Yarrow Chapter – Hope Pass Trail - $1,000. Provide materials and pay for machine time to reconstruct trail and tread and reopen for horse use. Total cost of project approx $8,250. Funding Partners: Horse Council BC, BCHBC, Okanagan Similkameen Parks Society. No signed agreements in place. Project done on an individual Volunteer Agreement, equipment hired by Parks. Working in cooperation with BC Parks and Friends of Manning Park.
Other Agreements for projects that did not request funding from BCHBC
- Trapping Creek Trails (Kelowna) have a Section 56 and 57 with RST
- Blueberry Trail (McBride) have Individual Volunteer Agreements with BC Parks