Newsletter Submission Guidelines
The BCHBC official Provincial Newsletter that contains Chapter updates is published four times a year: March 15, June 15, September 15 and December 15.
Additional news bulletins may be distributed randomly throughout the year, as determined by the Board of Directors but they will not contain Chapter Reports.
The Provincial Newsletter is published in an electronic format and distributed via email.
If you do not have an email address or are have a dial-up Internet service provider, you may receive a printed copy of the newsletter. How the printed newsletters will be distributed is still being considered. If you require a printed newsletter, please call the Newsletter Editor, Terri Perrin, 250-339-6424.
- All members are welcome to submit ideas for stories, video links, educational content, photographs, etc.
- Submission of a news item or article does not guarantee publication.
- Each chapter may appoint one person who is responsible for submitting Chapter News.
- Please, keep it short and sweet! Submissions that are too long will be edited for length.
- Chapter Reports should be 500 words or less. Make use of bulleted points if possible.
- Submissions may be sent as email text or in an attached Word document.
- Please do NOT take the time to 'make it pretty!' Do not add colours, clip art, fancy fonts, etc..
- Bold face and italics are acceptable.
- Be aware that the text will be 'stripped' of formatting as it interferes with the html code on the website.
- Please double-check spelling of all names and accuracy of phone numbers and email addresses.
- Please test all Internet links and include the full link.
- Do NOT embed photos into the Word document or email.
- Send photographs as separate .jpg files.
- Send a small file size.
- Do insert photos into the text.
- Be sure you own copyright of the photo.
- Identify the photographer, as well as people (and horses) in the photo, plus when and where it was taken.
- February 28 for March 15
- May 31 for June 15
- August 31 for September 15th
- November 31 for December 15
Questions? Comments? Concerns?